bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Parent's weekend

March 31, 2016
My parents came down to Tucson for Easter break, and it was a great opportunity for us to show them the version of the city we have grown to love over the last few years. The first few times they came down I was in school, moving around, and trying to find my own hobbies and interests in a new place. Now that we are married, settled into our careers and have a house we love, it made their visit much more rich.

My mom and dad flew into Phoenix Thursday morning, and drove down to Tucson. We went out to lunch, and then Cody got home and we ate dinner at home. Friday morning, my dad came to my class at Barre3, which turned out to be a parents class with both Amanda's mom, and both Kate's parents also present. After I was done teaching, we wandered around the mall and came back home to pack up a bit as we left to go up to Sedona for the evening when Cody got home. On the way up, we stopped at Four Peaks Brewery and had some Arizona beer and burgers, which was a hit with my dad.




Up in Sedona, we hiked at Cathedral Rock and then had brunch at Mesa Grill, which is a restaurant my dad had found when he had been in town a few weeks before. We showed my mom around downtown Sedona and then drove back to Tucson to sleep at our house for Easter.

Sunday we had a relaxing day at home. We went walking, did some stuff around the house, and enjoyed each other's company. My mom and I made Easter dinner while the boys went mountain biking in the afternoon. It was a really beautiful day, and we had a lot of fun!


The rest of the week was full of barre3 classes, walks, time with Fitz and sleep! We really enjoyed being together and I think it made us all sleep better than usual.

I really love having them down here, and I am glad they are starting to like Arizona the way we do.

LB
Post Comment
Post a Comment