bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Entering adulthood

October 4, 2012
Eek! I passed my boards!!! I am now, Lauren Blackley MSN, RN!! This means that I start my job on Monday and I am now officially, officially entering adulthood! Cody has been very supportive through all of this latest craziness and the day I took the test was no exception! He took me out to dinner to celebrate being done and he made me feel really loved :) Not unusual for him, but special none the less. The days before the test, we had a wedding for two of our friends which was fun and very true to the couple.

 The Sunday immediately before the test, my roomies and I picked up new couches from two friends who generously donated them to our bare house! Now we are able to have people over to visit! This is going to come in very handy with the roomie's significant others coming to visit next weekend! Full house!

After the test, I went back to Michigan for a week to relax and spend some time with my mom and my family. I was able to do a ton of good shopping with my mom, and spend some quality time with my grandma. I got some great new Sperry's that I am in LOVE with and went to a yummy dinner with Mimi!! My mom and I made soup and watched movies and I feel like I got a nice rest that I really needed after all the hard work over the last year and a half.

Nate, Emily, and K Shea

Angela, Me, and Kuma

Angela and Kelly

 I was also able to spend some time with my friends from home. They always make me  laugh and I always have fun with them. My friend Kelly Shea and I spent a whole night watching TLC and laughing at Secret Princes. We also went to sushi as a family and laughed a ton at my mom and my brother. My mom also helped me buy new scrubs to start my new job which was something I really wanted to do with her. A trip home was definitely what I needed and I'm feeling much more at ease going into my new job and new career. This week has been pretty uneventful, although I have been going wedding dress shopping with my friend Cara! She has looked beautiful in everything and is going to have a tough time picking something when her mom comes to town!! I start my job Monday and I'm sure I'll have LOADS of stories once that starts!






Until next time,
LB
Post Comment
Post a Comment