bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Adjusting

October 28, 2012
First full week of 3-11 pm work was rough! I never thought of myself as a morning person, but I guess I kind of am. I do like having the morning to pack healthy food and run errands, and grab Starbucks without the rush. Adjusting to work life versus school life has been very strange. I find that after I finish a task or activity, I don't know what to do next. I gave myself last week to adjust, and this week, I'm aiming to make more of a schedule with hitting the gym and reading my new book for a book club I'm attempting to start with some friends. Last weekend, Cody and I spent a lot of "together time" as he went out of town Wednesday to spend time with his friend, Mike, in Ohio. We watched lots of football on Saturday, and then went to see Argo in the evening. Admittedly, I had low expectations as it isn't my kind of flick, but it was really good! Sunday, we biked to the farmer's market and picked up some yummy produce, and came back and had lunch together! We finished off the evening making dinner together as well!
English cucumbers, french baguette with tomatoes and goat cheese, and homemade roasted cauliflower cheddar cheese soup


This week was pretty much typical as far as work, although I'm now on the Emergency Department floor, working with experienced nurses and picking up my own patients (to an extent). It's very intimidating to be with people who have been doing this a while and are very fast and efficient! I'm learning so much everyday and hope to gain as much as I can out of this experience! After Cody left, I spent some time with my roommates, and then went to a Halloween party on Saturday night with my friends! I had a blast and have consequently spent today recovering and pulling my life together! I'm starting to really like Sundays because I feel like I get a lot done. I'm feeling very blessed today to have days like today to savor what I have and enjoy my life as it is right now. I think it'll be my new goal to hold onto that feeling throughout the week.

If you haven't already, check out my friend Sarah's blog at http://spire-life.blogspot.com. She always has something that inspires me! This week, it's her workout posts!! Time to get my butt into gear!

Best,
Lauren

1 comment on "Adjusting"
  1. Thanks for the shout-out girl! Love keeping updated on your/Cody's life. Sounds like things are going wonderfully for you and you seem to have such great perspective!

    ReplyDelete