bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

I'd appreciate this week being over now.

September 16, 2012
My NCLEX (aka my exam to determine whether I'm a real nurse) is next Monday, so I would really appreciate if this week would hurry by. That being said, the last week has actually been pretty good considering I stayed in my house and studied all day, everyday. I am getting into a pretty good routine with an early morning workout, a quick Starbucks run, and a shower before sitting down to study. Cody has been SUPER busy with work, biking/climbing, and groomsman duties for his friend's upcoming wedding, so we have kind of been like two ships passing in the night. Not the case this weekend though.

Thursday night we went to one of our favorite Tucson restaurants, Vero Amore, which recently switched locations. Per usual, the food was amazing. Friday night, we also went out to dinner, which we don't usually do, but we have some Groupons we needed to use, so out we went! La Fuente is more traditional Mexican cuisine and Cody loved it! Afterward, we met up with some friends to grab drinks and be social. We had so much fun dancing our tails off to a combination of hip hop and alternative music at Skybar. The three girls in the photo are my friends Erin, Betsy, and Christina, and man, did we laugh! Hopefully we'll go out again together soon and I'll have more photos to share.

Saturday was game day! Cody loves antipasto, so I made a platter for him for the game. He killed it and I ended up having to refill it. I also made pumpkin pie dip (which was amazing) which was one of the easiest things ever. Making game day food has to be my favorite part of football season. I've been stalking Pinterest for new recipes, although this coming week we have a wedding, and the next week is a by-week for Michigan, so I'm currently on hold. After watching the Wolverines stomp the Minutemen, we watched a bit of the other games before heading to tailgate/go the bar to watch the Arizona game. We met up with friends and stayed for a bit, but the game was a big blow out, and we left early. Today was super relaxing as I was able to study and get some chores done. I am really enjoying lazy, yet productive Sundays right now.



I am going to Michigan after my exam to spend sometime with my family and friends to just relax after all the work, and I have to say I am counting the minutes. I feel like all I've been doing is taking practice tests that make me feel incompetent and watching videos that review the most basic content that I still can't remember. I'm sure it will all be worth it, but the light at the end of the tunnel right now is a trip to Michigan to soak up some fall, complete with donuts and apple cider. My beloved mitten is calling my name!

I'm determined to chronicle our adventures better, and I think I'm off to a pretty good start! I'll keep working to keep things fresh, although Cody is the better activity planner!

Love,
LB
Post Comment
Post a Comment