bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Travel-city, no not Travelocity

July 26, 2015
As always, I'm behind. However, today I made a list!


From where we left off, I worked a few days and then drove up to Phoenix to see my college gal, Sunny! She put me through it at an Orange Theory workout. It totally kicked my butt. She is the manager and her staff is amazing, friendly and so professional! Seeing my girl in her element was the real treat though. Seriously, she is amazing. After the workout, we grabbed some yummy power bowls and chatted for hours. I stayed the night and came back in time to do a barre3 workout with one of our Master Trainer's from Portland, Allison. I don't think I've been that sore in a long time. She was in town for the weekend and I was able to take 3 great classes with her. Now I need to get my butt up to Portland for more!

That week, I also got lunch with Ashley, Janel, Dominic and baby Hailey. Cody and I got dinner with our friends Amy and Goya that evening. SO. MUCH. FOOD.



Time for some reality. That weekend (July 10-12) I had a really bad diabetes weekend. I had bad sugars, I was in a terrible mood, and I was a total nightmare. Poor Cody, poor Fitz, and poor everyone who encountered me. Luckily I have a super supportive fiance and great friends. I was able to get lunch with Hayley at Ra and she totally cheered me up. I bought a book called, "Think Like A Pancreas" which is all about insulin therapy and Type 1 Diabetes and started reading it that day. It has really helped me feel better, and it even talks about the guilt T1D's have, which I was really struggling with. I pulled it together long even to go to a housewarming at my friend Lauren's new place which made my day much better. And then Cody came home with my favorite ice cream. Good for the mood, bad for the sugars.



Sunday was a better day with a 4 mile run, farmer's market with Cody and Fitz, and lots of chores. It makes me feel better to start my week with a clean house and completed chores. I had a short week where I basically packed for my trip home, got lunch with Leslie and Brooks, and went over to lay by the pool with my work girls Laura, J'hanae, and Hypes. I pretty much got on a plane after this.


I flew home that Tuesday night for my cousin's wedding, and to get some stuff done for ours. The first day home though, my mom and I just went shopping! And the second day, we got spray tanned, and mani/pedis. SUPER PRODUCTIVE! My mom, Kim and I put together wedding invites Thursday night which was a lot of fun. We had a bunch of appointments Friday, from dress fittings, to the DJ and with a jeweler for wedding bands. My friends from Plymouth went out for a drink that night too. We also completed table numbers and some other decor stuff that day. I would be so lost without those two by my side! They are really comforting and so helpful! 





The day of the wedding, July 18, I got up early to have coffee with my Tucson friend Scott who is in Michigan for his clinicals for medical school. He is doing so well and it was a blast to catch up! Later in the day, we drove to Grand Rapids for my cousin Jake's wedding to his college love, Erica. It was great seeing my family, and it was the first time all of my cousins had been together in years. We drove back late that night, which allowed me to relax and get organized before heading back early Monday morning. I even got to have dinner with Judy, who is our family friend, and she is marrying us!







As usual, it was a great trip home, and very productive.

LB
Post Comment
Post a Comment