bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Family Reunion Fun

June 28, 2015
After getting back from Kentucky, Cody and I got back to our normal routines for a few days, and then left for Monterey (albeit a day late, thanks again American) for his mom's biannual family reunion! I've never been to Monterey, but with 110 degree days in Tucson, I was more than ready for some cooler weather! 

Unfortunately, we missed some of the family fun due to work schedules, but we started off our trip with a group hike on Jack's Peak, which overlooked the city. When we returned from the hike, we headed to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather!

I love a good beach day, and I was able to get to know his extended family much better over beers on the beach! Cody and I created the photo scavenger hunt, so we got to judge that event, fun for him, stressful for me. That night, we all had dinner together and took some family photos, and some of the younger cousins played "pickle ball" which was totally new to me. 


Friday, everyone started to head out, so after a few goodbyes, Cody and I went for an amazing run along the coast. We walked down along the shops of the wharf and he told me about golfing south of Monterey in years past. He and I have really been enjoying our vacation runs together!


After we got cleaned up for the day, Cody, Leah, Calley and I headed down to the Cannery area to go to the Aquarium, which used to be a sardine factory! We spent hours looking at sharks, sting rays, penguins, and my favorite, SEA OTTERS! They got me a prime spot to watch the trainers feed them. The aquarium is gorgeous and so well run! We had a blast! 








We walked along the bike/running path we had taken earlier, and found a restaurant called Schooners, that was inside a hotel and overlooked the water. We ate some yummy seafood and all got to chat and tell stories! 



Saturday morning we had a little extra time, so Cody rented a bike and went riding with the locals, and I got a massage! It was a nice little break before flying in and heading back to work! 

Until next time,
LB













Post Comment
Post a Comment