bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Mother of all updates

August 24, 2012
Obviously I have not been posting. In the last 3 weeks, I:
  • Graduated from my nursing program with a Masters of Science in Nursing!
  • My parents came to visit
  • Signed a lease on a new house
  • Got a new bed
  • Flew to Michigan
  • Attended 2 weddings
  • Went to Northern Michigan to relax
  • Flew back
  • And celebrated Cody's big 2 5!!!
Moral is, I've been busy. To fill in ALL the details would require multiple posts, so I'm going with the abbreviated version.

First up is graduation/parent's visit. We had a blast! Most of our time was spent drinking or in the pool, or both. After the ceremony, we had dinner at 47 Scott, which is my new favorite place. A fair amount of restaurants in Tucson are privately owned, and have small menus that change frequently, and 47 Scott is one of them. We had a yummy dinner and ran into a friend of mine, Lindsey, who also graduated that day! Afterward, we went to a rooftop bar to see my fellow graduates. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, although we did go for a short hike on Saturday. 

Next was the new house and bed. This one is short. I needed to move closer to the hospital, and I needed a bed. My bed was a graduation gift from my parents, and I am already in love! The new house is closer to everything and is super nice. We have a living room downstairs, and a bonus room upstairs. Cody and I are going to move my stuff today.

The Michigan trip was the best part as I was able to visit Ann Arbor, and be there to witness a good friend get married, and so was Cody. The weddings were Friday and Saturday, and both were BEAUTIFUL!! These couples did an amazing job, and we had such a great time at both! I'm going to hopefully head back to the mitten in a few weeks to spend more time with my Mom, and with my gorgeous friends. You can see a photo of them below. Seriously, SO pretty! 
My friend Jenna was married at the Weller Carriage House in Saline, and Cody's friend Maria was married at the Detroit Yacht Club. Both were very well done! Love you guys!

After the weddings, we went up north with our friends Jennie and Matt, who are also getting married, but not until next year! Very exciting stuff! We played games, and kayaked and just enjoyed each others company. I love doing trips with these two and can't wait to see what we can plan next!

After a filling at the dentist Wednesday AM (blech), we flew back to Arizona just in time for Cody's birthday! He is now 25 years old! He can't believe it, nor can he remember it. I made carrot cupcakes which turned out pretty well! The recipe is below. 

As for now, we're all caught up. However, next weekend, we fly to Dallas for the Michigan vs. Alabama game. To say we're excited is an understatement. I will definitely have updates after that! 

Until next time,
LB

Carrot Cake Cupcakes
http://pinchofyum.com/carrot-cake-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Author: Pinch of Yum, recipe from Pam M.
Ingredients
  • 2 cups sifted flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups grated raw carrots
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/4 lb. butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 lb. powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients and oil with carrots. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each egg.
  2. Bake for 50 minutes in a 9×13 inch pan. Let cool completely. (For cupcakes, half the recipe and pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Fill them about 3/4 of the way to the top and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until tops spring back when you touch them. This amount will make about 24 cupcakes.)
  3. Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Add powdered sugar. Spread frosting over cooled cake.
  4. Refrigerate and eat cold for best taste!
Post Comment
Post a Comment