bikes. barre3. bulldogs.

Grouchy gardening

February 29, 2016
Preface on this post: I spent 24 hours fighting against my natural inclination to be mad at everything, and I failed miserably. Luckily for me, I have a few things working in my favor, including but not limited to: a cute puppy, a tolerant husband, and a pretty sweet life.

I don't know what was up my butt this weekend, but I was grouchy up until Sunday AM. The more that I was irritated, the more plans I messed up, and the madder I got. It was a great cycle. Fortunately, Cody and I had some fun activities planned, and they were super fun, despite my poor attitude in between. 

Saturday morning, I taught at Barre3 for Chelsea, and Cody joined for the 830 am class. We ate breakfast burritos and walked around the mall for a while before heading home. After pulling me out of a grouch slump, Cody and I went to Home Depot to get some supplies to plant our first herb/vegetable garden in the planter box in our backyard. We took Fitz and spent some time buying seedlings and picking out which veggies we wanted to grow. After heading back to the house, we got to work. Neither of us had any real idea what to do, so we half researched, half went with our guts. It looks great, so hopefully, the plants grow and produce some yummy stuff we can cook up in the kitchen! 

Before

After!

After gardening, we cleaned up to head downtown to have dinner and see Matisyahu play at the Rialto Theater downtown. It was a really good show, and we kept laughing at the eclectic crowd and the funny dancing. We crashed when we got home and slept in with no alarm clocks (this is huge in our house)!


We decided to bike to brunch at our friend Nate's restaurant, Prep & Pastry, so we got up, got the bikes and Fitz ready, and hit the road. There is a great bike path that runs from our house down to the restaurant which makes the trip much more enjoyable. We split french toast and each got our own egg dishes. After biking back, I napped to prepare to teach at Barre3 and work at the hospital, and Cody worked on his bike before he went riding with one of the kids he coaches. 

We had dinner together before I left, which I THINK redeemed the grouchiness of the previous day. I'm going to chalk it up to just being out of sorts and going too long without together time. I'll keep you posted on the garden. 

LB
Post Comment
Post a Comment